initiator: Hugo de Hybelino
recipient: Nicholaus prior and the canons of the Holy Sepulchre
institution: Holy Sepulchre
additional institution: Saint Joseph and Abacuc
text: Dec. 25 1159 - Jul. 26 1160.  In the presence of Patriarch Amalric and dominus Constantinus Ramathensis episcopus, and with the consent of Abbot Herbertus and the brothers of the abbey of SS Joseph and Habakuk, Hugo de Ybelino Ramathensis dominus, makes an eleemosynary grant in return for the great sum of money [beneficium] provided by the canons of the Holy Sepulchre to achieve his liberation from captivity. He transfers to Nicholaus prior and the convent of the Holy Sepulchre Bethel and Beze, which is called Bazirim, with 2 carrucatę terrę, 5 jornatę terrę and a tower [turris], with whatever the abbey has built there, which at Bethel his father Barisanus had given in alms to the abbey of SS Joseph and Habakuk. In exchange for the return of this property Hugo had given SS Joseph and Habakuk part of the turonium which is below Mirabellum from which spring the surdi fontes and 2 carrucatę in the same territory, which the abbey can develop more conveniently than at Bethel. The church [ecclesia] the abbey constructed at Bethel was given to the prior and convent of the Holy Sepulchre on the orders of Patriarch A[malric] and at Hugo’s request. Now with the consent of his brothers Balduinus and Barisanus and his sisters Ermengardis and Stephania and with the advice of Philippus Neapolitanus he gives the property to his brothers the canons of the Holy Sepulchre, sealing with the seal of his grandfather [avus] Balduinus Ramathensis dominus. Witnesses: Philippus Neapolitanus; Radulfus Jherosolimitanus archidiaconus; Bernardus monachus; Johannes decanus Sancti Georgii; Balduinus archidiaconus; Gillebertus cantor; Franco; magister Anschitinus; Azo capellanus; Radulfus capellanus; Erchembaldus capellanus; Rainaldus de Sancto Valerico/Gallerico; Marsirius de Ramatha; Andreas Andegavensis; Albertus Lombardus; Umbertus de Bar; Symon Ruffus; Herbertus Tortus; Johannes Raimundi. Hugo de Hybelino records that his brother Barisanus has confirmed the sale to the canons of the Holy Sepulchre of the casalia of Odomamel, Dersabę, Corteiz, Hodabet and Dermasun. Witnesses: Radulfus capellanus; Petrus capellanus; Ordeletz; Philippus de Caphrano; Paganus de Rohais; Georgius Arrabiz; Adam Dorniel; Osmundus; Paganus de Hisengrino; Garinus; Jordanus de Hybelino. The charter is sealed by Constantinus Ramathensis episcopus.
Dec. 25 1159 - Jul. 26 1160.  In the presence of Patriarch Amalric and dominus Constantinus Ramathensis episcopus, and with the consent of Abbot Herbertus and the brothers of the abbey of SS Joseph and Habakuk, Hugo de Ybelino Ramathensis dominus, makes an eleemosynary grant in return for the... more
sources: Bresc-Bautier, Cart St-Sépulcre, pp. 140-2, no. 53 (RRH no. 360)
initiator: Hugo de Hybelino
recipient: Leprosary of Saint Lazarus in Jerusalem
institution: Leprosary of Saint Lazarus
text: Dec. 25 1168 – Dec. 24 1169. Hugo dominus Hibelini records that his late uncle dominus Rainerius made an eleemosynary grant to the leprosary of St Lazarus of Jerusalem, giving land in the territory of Ramla. But the men [homines] who were entrusted with drawing the boundaries of the land measured out more than Rainerius had ordered. After a long time, Hugo was notified and, with the agreement of his wife Agnes comitissa and his brothers dominus Baldoinus and dominus Barisanus, and with the advice of Bernardus Liddensis episcopus, and also to benefit the vow he has made to pilgrimage to St James [of Compostela], he makes a sealed eleemosynary grant to the brothers of St Lazarus, giving them the additional land, together with [the confirmation of a gift of] land made to them by domina Eva. Witnesses: A[gnes] comitissa; dominus Baldevinus; dominus Barisanus; B[ernardus] Liddensis episcopus; Radulfus capellanus Ramatensis; of the canons of St George [of Lydda], dominus Gillebertus cantor; dominus Jolbertus; dominus Petrus capellanus; dominus Johannes; of the milites of Ramla [de militibus Ramatensibus], Nicholaus de Beroard; Balduinus de Roais; Philippus; Odo Ruphus; Bernardus Provencal; Willelmus Arnaldi; Willelmus Faber; Martinus Gazele; Terricus de Inferno; Robertus de Corbie; Willelmus de Ponz burgensis Jherusalem.
Dec. 25 1168 – Dec. 24 1169. Hugo dominus Hibelini records that his late uncle dominus Rainerius made an eleemosynary grant to the leprosary of St Lazarus of Jerusalem, giving land in the territory of Ramla. But the men [homines] who were entrusted with drawing the boundaries of the land measured... more
sources: Marsy, ‘Cart St Lazare’, pp. 142-3, no. 25 (RRH no. 472)